- Having completed the registration process for the workshop and obtained confirmation.
- Make yourself available, present and fully motivated.
- English speaker.
- 14 hours of training in 2 days
- Theoretical and practical learning (with assembly of a domestic aquaponic system)
- 4 coffee-breaks
- Certificate of participation delivered upon completion of the workshop
- The workshop is aimed at agriculture and aquaculture professionals, researchers, businessmen, entrepreneurs, teachers, schoolchildren, students in the areas of biology, aquaculture and agronomy, aquarists and others interested in domestic or commercial food production.
- Due to the characteristics of this workshop, it is assumed that interested parties envisage the practice of aquaponics at any size scale, be it experimental, production for self-consumption or even commercialization at a later stage.
What is it?
Learn how to grow delicious fresh and organic vegetables in symbiosis with fish. Aquaponics is an innovative technique of integrated cultivation of plants and fish. While the fish naturally fertilise the water, the aromatic, leafy or fruit plants extract these natural nutrients and grow healthily. It is the replication of a natural ecosystem in the service of a circular, more sustainable and healthy food production format.
Where and when?
The training will take place in person on May 13 and 14 at the following location:
Ecocampus Pólo 2
Rua da Estr. Militar – Escola Básica de Casal de Barbas, Turcifal – Torres Vedras
What is the timetable?
The schedule for the 2-day workshop is:
9:15 am to 6:00 pm
(free lunch between 12:45 pm and 2:30 pm).
Registration is limited to 20 participants only. Do it as soon as possible by adding this workshop to the shopping cart and proceeding with registration.
The aim of this Introduction to Aquaponics workshop is to provide participants with knowledge about the main aquaponics techniques and methodologies, maintenance and production, getting the best out of this modern and sustainable food production system that combines aquaculture and agricultural techniques.
At the end of the workshop, the trainees should know the concept of aquaponics and have basic theoretical and practical knowledge that will allow them to begin the practice of aquaponics at the domestic level, experimentally and as a basis for the commercial level.
Is there accomodation close by?
Yes! Our suggestion for accommodation very close to the workshop location:
Hotel Dolce by Wyndham CampoReal Lisboa
Only 27 minutes pleasant walk (2 km) or less than 5 minutes’ drive.
For reservations, participants should make their own reservation, subject to availability with a code associated with the event (we will let you know the code if you register for the workshop).
DATES: 12 to 14th May 2023
15% off the Dolce Bed & Breakfast rate on the website: https://www.dolcecamporeal.com
NOTE: Please note that this discount does not apply to apartment/villa bookings.
- Breakfast included in the restaurant
- Free Internet
- Free car park
- Free access to gym and heated indoor pool
- Free access to the wellness spa
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 2 days
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 9
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes